Meet Dr. Howard
JEFFREY HOWARD, M.D.
Jeffrey Howard, MD was born in Chicago, IL and raised in the small rural town of Cotton Plant, Arkansas. He completed his undergraduate education at the University of Central Arkansas at Conway, Arkansas. In 1994, he received his Medical doctorate at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock, Arkansas.
In 1997, Dr. Howard completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, one of the most prestigious and traditional training institutions of the South as well as the origin of Cecil’s and Harrison’s Textbooks of Internal Medicine.
In 2000, Dr Howard completed his cardiology fellowship at the Krannert Institute of Cardiology in Indianapolis, Indiana under the leadership and direction of cardiology’s most distinguished professors: Charles Fisch, MD, Douglas P. Zipes and the legendary Harvey Feigenbaum. Dr. Howard has special interests and clinical expertise in the areas of nuclear cardiology and echocardiography. He is board certified in Cardiovascular Diseases and Nuclear Cardiology. He is a fellow in the American College of Cardiology.
Dr. Howard currently holds active staff privileges at DeKalb Medical Center- North Decatur Campus and Hillendale Campus as well as Rockdale Medical Center. He holds courtesy privileges at Emory Midtown Hospital.
Dr. Howard truly is engrained in the community and holds dear the commitment to public service. He is active with local institutions to promote health and wellness in the communities in which he serves. He has collaborated with local and national churches to promote health and wellness while also sponsoring an annual “City Wide Vacation Bible School” in honor of his late mother, Cora Howard. Dr. Howard truly embellishes the motto “first of all; servants of all; we shall transcend all”.
- Cardiovascular Disease and Nuclear Cardiology
- American College of Cardiology
- Cardiology, Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
Internship & Residency
- University of Alabama at Birmingham and Affiliated Hospitals, Birmingham, AL
- University of Arkansas School of Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology, American College of Physicians, Association of Black Cardiologists
- Community health fairs and food drives